Yes, you read that right, NEW car blues.
So I got a new car, bought from my grandmother. It's a bmw 328i, which is rear wheel drive. But when I spoke to my grandmother she told me it was x drive which is all wheel drive. But speaking to a coworker today he said to me "I thought you got x drive on the car", I said I did, but he goes "but there is no 'x' on the back of the car with the letters, blah, blah, blah. That put me in a bad mood because I could have sworn that the car had the x drive, otherwise I would not have gotten the car. So I went crazy all day until I got home and looked at the paper work, which says 328xi, so now I'm confused. I will have to call the dealership and double check.
But even before all this drama, I've been having the nagging gut feeling that something isn't right. But I chalked it up to new car jitters. So I went on a road trip this weekend to visit college friends in PA and I did not enjoy the drive at all. Not because the car was uncomfortable, I really can't put my finger on it, but I was just didn't enjoy it. I actually don't getting in the car anymore. Before the road trip I was OK, it was fun to show all my friends and I was playing around with the features of the car. But after the road trip, I'm having a hard time finding my groove. I am constantly playing with the seat adjustments. I can't see if any cars are coming when backing out of a parking spot and I just can't see anything.
I realize that I've gone from apples to oranges with my old car, Jeep Liberty, to new car, bmw. But I am thinking about my old constantly. I trained it in at the dealership and am thinking, if I don't cash the check, can I get my car back. I feel very overwhelmed in the new car, so many gadgets that I have to read the car manual to figure out. I want the features of a car to be self explanatory.
So am I really crazy or just have new car jitters??? I am having a really, really hard time adjusting. And I know it's only been two weeks. Do I need to give myself a timeline before I make a decision. As another coworker I spoke to said, "I feel like a goober." I feel so stupid for having these feelings because I've been raving about this car for months and have been so, so, so excited about getting it. And now that I have it, I'm like "eh, whatever." I feel like I want a more practical car with basic features.
I can now see what people stick with a certain car model year after year after year, getting used to this new SUCKS!!! And because this situation is not going right, I feel like nothing in my life is going right. Isn't that always the case.
No comments:
Post a Comment