Sunday, September 25, 2011

Purple People Pumpkin Eater, or something like that

The color purple is on my brain.

After painting my bedroom a beautiful grey I knew I wanted purple curtains.  Wasn't sure what style or what shade I wanted so I took a trip to a wonderful place called Callico Corners.  And overwhelming custom fabric store.  They have the most beautiful fabric and can custom make almost anything you need.  I went there to get some ideas and came away with a quote of $900 for 2 panels and hardware!!  But I was mesmerized I almost went through with it.  But the wisdom of my wonderful mother talked me out of it.  How crazy would that have been!!  I did take pictures of the sample fabric I was able to take home and decide on, hehe.

A few months later I'm here starting my search for purple curtains.  I saw some at BB&B at a glance.  I had no idea what they were called, but I went on the website a few weeks later and found too very cool purple curtains.
Manor Hill™ Cleo Window Panels Manor Hill™ Allegra Window Curtain Panels

And here is what I found.  Manor Hill brand, Cleo on the left, Allegra on the right.  What a difference when they came in the mail.  Not that crazy different, but I'm glad I bought both at once to try out.  I love the deep purple of the (random, but some annoying child in the hallway is running up and down with this most annoying toy that makes this drilling type noise! very distracting!!!!) anyway, I love the deep purple of the Cleo but with the valance, as my bff said, looks kinda bohemian.  The purple of the Allegra is a light and thin, but I love the valance.

Now these curtains are going over a double window.  I don't need these curtains to keep peepers out, so they are decorative.  I had an idea of putting sheers behind and the curtain panels to the side.  Just like my living room curtains.  So maybe I could still use the dark purple Cleo curtains by themselves with nice sheers.  That's really the look I was going for and I feel for this particular room and feel a valance is too formal.  I still want to wait for my mom to see them and get her opinion, mom's always know best.

p.s. the obnoxious child is now crying in the hallway, forcing me to blare the volume of my tv, so I come across the rude asshole who has their tv loud. But only because stupid parents let there child run up and down the hallway!! LOL!!  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment