Thursday, April 21, 2011

Coming Home

OK, so I've got the title, now time for the words.  But I think the whole point of blogging is to not really think about the words.

The idea for this blog started with the song "Coming Home" by Dirty Money.  (And I hope I'm not plagarizing here in any way, but I'm using quotes and telling you the song title and artist, lol)

It's only the chorus that really hits home the most with me.
"I'm coming home 
I'm coming home 
tell the World I'm coming home 
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday 
I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes 
I'm coming home, I'm coming home 
tell the World that I'm coming"


Although I didn't literally come home, in a way I feel like I really am finally home.  I never did consider my first place a home, nor the town I lived in.  It really was just a place I was passing through.  


And the past year or so, I also felt like I was some different person in some different world.  The person I came out as after all was said and done was more "me" than I have felt in a long time.  And people around my have noticed that change as well.  I was always me, but never got the chance to grow into the real me.  


Also over the past few years I distanced myself from my friends.  After the divorce was in motion and final, all these long lost friends starting popping up and it was just an overwhelming feeling knowing they were still out there and supporting me.  I got to hang out with people and not have to worry about... (and now here is where things get tricky; do I say the reason why, and have it, in some way, get back to my ex and then get back to me.  I guess that's the dilemma I face in keeping this blog public).  Anyway, I feel like they have forgiven my mistakes. 



1 comment:

  1. i love that you're writing about these things. as you've asked earlier - maybe consider an alias (for yourself and others) instead of real names, or do make your blog private? i actually toyed with the idea of making my FOOD blog private because i did not want certain people reading anything about my life - but personally decided against it. your writings are much more personal than mine, though. if your Facebook friends wouldn't pass any info from this blog back to anyone you wouldn't want seeing it, then you'll be okay, i think. :)

    ReplyDelete