Wednesday, April 27, 2011

To Wink or Not To Wink

So the inevitable thought that enters into most single people's (of a certain age, lol) minds.... do I sign up for online dating??

This is a really intense question, one that took me several months to answer.  I decided yes, I would try online dating, because I really had no other idea how I would actually meet people.  I meet The Ex in college, so I didn't date in college, and my first boyfriend was also in college.  Just in case you were wondering, I lived in a bubble most of my life and bloomed at a very late age, and am actually still blooming!  :)

Anyway, so I signed up for Match.com, which was so much fun, until I had to answer all these questions about myself.  I didn't mind answering questions about my mate-to-be, but questions about yourself are really hard to answer honestly.  Then you have to write a summary of yourself, OMG, hardest thing ever, even hard than the SAT essay.  But the hardest part about the whole process was thinking of a screenname or "handle" as I've come to call.  Man that was TOUGH, it's like the first thing people are going to see and sit there are try to figure out what your strange combination of letters and numbers mean. (I do that all the time!)

Anywho... so I'm on Match searching (and searching, and searching, and searching) for some interesting people.  What a turn off.  I hate the "you have 756 results that match your search criteria" line.  Seriously??? How depressing is it to scroll through pages of guys while sitting at your computer in your junky sweats, crazy hair, and no makeup??  Something just wrong about that.  So I've finally reached a point where I only review the "Daily 5" Match has come up for me.

So I've winked and emailed my fair share of guys and very few have winked back! :(  I'm really pissed off that  fact!  That's completely unfair.  And I understand that I have ignored or said "No Thanks" to plenty of guys as well but they have been the total losers that only a mother could love, LOL, that was cruel.  So I got myself all worked up that these guys were ignoring me because I have a scarlet D written on my chest.  And I was getting really depressed about that fact, which may be true or not. Maybe they just don't like girls with brown hair, but come on, every guy I wink at is not interested in me for any other reason besides me being divorced. Well screw them!!!  (Whoa, where did that come from???)

So I've come to the decision that I'm more comfortable right now meeting someone randomly or being set up by friends.  So I putting the word out, if you know any single guys, set me up!  LOL.  And honestly, I would rather meet some guy out or on a set up and have him not call me ever again than have some random guy online ignore my wink or email when I've basically put my whole life and soul out for him to read.

p.s. I will write another blog on my adventures in online dating and "hanging out".  You won't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment