Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"The Italian Job"

I decided this blog needed a lift, it's been too depressing.  So I now bring you one of my experiences in this 21st century dating world.  I have had one good experience with someone I meet off Match.com (I know you can't believe it after I bashed Match in a previous post).  My other experience have been interesting.  There will be no names mentions and some of the situations may be changed to save some people from humiliation, yes I have one of those stories. 

I was introduced to The Italian by someone I am close to.  Never going to listen to them again, lol.  Anyway, I meet him on what I should have known was a setup, but am so clueless to how that all works.  I wasn't dressed up whatsoever, because I didn't expect to be set up, because by The Italians' real name I thought he was a girl (bad phone connection).  We all meet for drinks at the mall, which began and long night of several drinks which made me very happy and at easy.  How sad is that btw, do need a few drinks to relax and loosen up.  Wish we could just be loose and relax to begin with.  Oh, and on top of all this, 2 days early I had found out The Ex was "in a relationship" and had booked a flight with his "new person" to Disney World (where we had our honeymoon and have been on numerous vacations, make you're own conclusion about what kind of person The Ex is)

So The Italian is probably the perfect guy on paper, literally.  The two of us would have gotten a stamped approval, but that never happened because our personalities were like oil and water.  Looking back I can laugh about it, but I was very stressed out about the whole thing.  I had never really dated anyone. I had one boyfriend before The Ex, but that was silly college "lust", so I really never had to learn how to go out and meet people, etc, etc.  I'm very much a late bloomer, so I was asking everyone person I could find for advice.  But I'm glad it all happened because I learned a lot about myself and what's goes on out there.  And it was a hurdle I needed to get over.  The first "boy" I kissed after The Ex.

And was he a BAD kisser, lol.  Oh it was so terrible, haha.  The only good thing about this guy was his cologne, it was just heavenly (YSL, which btw, what man do you know wears that).  I do believe he was metrosexual, more leaning towards.... well you assume.  He had no idea how to treat a woman.  I think he was used to getting young 20somethings to just swoon over him and think he is a god.  But I know better than that.  He had the nerve to tell me what kind of jeans to buy (definitely not Gap, which I now own two of and love) and what clothes I should wear to a party his friend was having at his house because his parent's were out of town (high school anyone).  I DO NOT like being told what to do, especially from this guy, who must of thought I was some project for him to take under his wing. 

And he was short.  My apologies to all the wonderful men out there who are "short" and I maybe it wouldn't have matter if I really liked him, but when he took his shoes off, he was as taller, if not an inch or so taller than me, and I'm 5'4!!!  HELLO!!  Along with his lack in height, um.... he had some other short cumings (haha, I had to throw that one in there, hope you all can figure out what I'm referring to).  And "it" also had a a name, which let me remind you, we only hung out like 3 times and he already had to share with me his name for his "little friend" (hahaha, there I go again).  Please don't ask me how I know all this, I am too ashamed and want to take a bleach bath everytime I think about it. 

Long story short, I ignored his texts and I think he got the hint.  The only other good thing that came of this, was my introduction to Jersey Shore, which I am now addicted to.  I know there are good men out there, but where, lol. 

p.s. I have added a new feature to my blog.  You can subscribe to my blog using your email and you will receive an email everytime I make a new post.  I hope it works, give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment