Monday, May 30, 2011

A Touch Of Grey

First all, is it grey or gray.  I tend to go with grey.  I'm not sure if there is every an instance where I stopped to think about it.  Strange, where did those two versions come from.

Part 1:
I've colored my hair a few times, always a deep red that I so close to shade of my natural hair or a deeper brown to enhance my natural color.  During the winter my hair's color gets a little dull.  During the summer, the sun highlights my hair naturally.  (Which I love).  In the mean time, I saw this commercial for L'Oreal mousse hair color.  I saw this and thought was an ingenius idea! I could never do my own hair color at home, definitely don't trust myself to get the color all over me and the house.  So this mousse is one person only job.  So I bought a color close to my own natural color, which have been a good or bad idea.  Should I have gotten a different color to see a difference, my thinking was stay with my own color just in case I did something wrong and my hair color went terribly wrong, lol. 

Anyway, I tried it and it went OK, but I didn't really plan ahead too well, I guess everyone makes those first mistakes.  The formula stunk like amonia.  You rub the formula in your hair like shampoo.  The video online says it should foam up, also like shampoo.  Mine did not do that, I don't know if I did something wrong, or in real life it doesn't foam.  So in the end, the color was a little different, but I still had those damn grey hairs.  So I'm thinking I did something wrong.  Those damn finiky grey hairs, can't be mixed in with the rest of your hair, they have to be right up front, all wirey and just sticking right up.  You can't cut them because they come back more wirey, it's crazy!!

Part 2:
I'm down to one more room to paint, my bedroom, big deal!  So I've got white/ivory furniture, black vanity, black art, and a ivory bed spread with black and grey swirls.  I thought painting the walls grey would be a really nice idea.  I think I have the right shade to put up, but I'm having a hard time picturing it and I'm worried the room is going to be so drowned out with mono tone color.  I know I can add color in curtains and pillows, etc. 

But with grey walls I change anything in the room and not worry about the color matching the wall color.  Everything goes with grey, blues, pinks, browns.  So I've asked a friend's mom for some help.  She has an interior design certificate and she helped pick out all the other colors I have used.  And I could always add color in pictures too.  The grey wall really allows me to add anything I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment