Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where Have I Been?

So I just received a text from a friend asking if I had been on any "adventures" lately.  Sadly no.  Well let me rephrase, no adventures in the dating world.  (Which I feel is the story of my life). 

I canceled my Chemistry.com subscription because I had such a terrible experience with that site.  (And why do I feel like I've written about this already, I think I had on Twiiter or FB, lol).  Anyway, I didn't have the kind of terrible experience where I meet really creepy, mean guys... I didn't meet any guys!!  And the guys chosen for me where so far from what I was looking for.  Who actually works at this site??  I totally understand that it can take awhile to meet someone.  And I probably signed on to these datings sites too early because I was active in the beginning, not really taking it seriously actually.  But as time went out, I just so disillusioned with the whole online dating thing.  The whole online dating things kinda skeeves me out actually.  So now I have to figure out how to meet somone not online and not in the bar, lol!!  Dating impossible. 

So I think "setups" my from friends is where I'm at right now.  But that's hard right now because so many of my friends are married and hang out with married people, and don't have many single friends.  But as my dad said to me last weekend, "look how much I have accomplished in such a short amount of time".  So I have to just keep telling myself to slow down.  I know I've been saying that, but it's really hard to take one's own advice. 

What all this plateauing (sp?) has also brought to my attention is that I need to up my search for a dog.  I think having a dog around will really change my outlook on things.  With that said, I'm going to take this opportunity to plan ahead and use my next post to talk about my dog search.  I'm pretty good and thinking ahead, but not when it comes to this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment