Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mary Kay Makeover

A bestie of mine, that I used to work with, is a Mary Kay consultant.  So after my divorce was final and I was settling into my new life, I decide I wanted to revamp my makeup.  I've been doing the same routine... for as long as I can remember.  And it's pretty plan: powder foundation, concealer, blush, eye shadow.  To jazz it up, I would put mascara on when going out at night... whoa, crazy aren't I.  I wanted to something simple to do for work in the morning but could still carry over if I had to go out and couldn't freshen up. 

So I finally set up a time to go visit my friend for a makeup.  I put up a bit of a fight with her sometimes, not understanding why she was doing things and not understanding why she was making me look like a clown.  J/K, she did not make me look like a clown, it was just more makeup that I was used to seeing, and see didn't even use that much.  She also invited another friend she used to work with that lives in her building to come down and be her third party witness, which I thought was a little biased.... LOL 

So she introduced me to liquid foundation, which I was never against, but never used because I don't think I ever put enough effort into finding the right shade.  It feels pretty good, not caked on or anything.  Then I have concealer, which I'm still trying to figure out how to blend with the liquid foundation which doesn't really cover blemishes well, maybe beause I'm so pale to begin with, any redness really shows.  I have a whole new array of eye shadows, which I have to apply from my eye crease practically to my eye brow because my eyes are really sunken back.  And mascara.  I use a combination of blush and bronzer, but I love the bronzer.  What an ingenious idea.  I probably stayed away from that too because I didn't want to end up looking like Snooki or any of those heavily tanned RHONJ, lol!! 

The funniest part of the whole make over was my eyebrows.  I'm a tweeze-a-holic!! Obsessed.  But because of that I have "shaped" very thin eye brows with the ocassional missing patches.  Any eye brow pencil I ever found did not blend color and fill in the gaps.  So my friend introduced my to a product by Christi Harris http://www.christiharrisbrows.com/. The Christi Harris Precision Brow Planning System.  It includes a "razor" of sorts that you can remove unwanted hair, so now more waxing or tweezing. It's also includes an "add-a-brow" which allows you to fill in the empty gaps of missing eye brow hair.  Also comes a combination of 3 colors to blend everything together.  I love it!!! After see "did" my eyebrows I was amazed and exclaimed "I have Kate Middleton" eye brows".  I just love her eye brows, not too full, not too thin. 

And I also read an article on Yahoo!  about what makeup trends that are hot this year that men hate, and one was thin eyebrows, so of course I can't have thin eyebrows!  So overall I'm enjoying my new look and look forward to experimenting with different colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment