I went to Bob's Discount Furniture this afternoon to pick up my filing cabinet, which will double as a nightstand in my 2nd bedroom. The cabinet is Espresso color which makes the other furniture in the room. and my dad has such an ingenious way to get the filing cabinet out without breaking our backs. The boxed did indicate "adult assembly required". We opened each end of the box and lifted the box right over the top. OK, so it's not ingenious, but I would have never thought to do that. I'm so relieved to have a filing cabinet, I have all my important papers piling up in a box in my kitchen. Phew!
I (my dad) put up the coordinating curtains for that room as well. It... looks... great. (the collection comes from Bed, Bath, and Beyond). So the only thing left to do in the 2nd bedroom is move out the desk and desktop computer, buy a stand of sorts for my wireless printer and get a mirror for the wall across from the bed.
After that assembly, we tackled the living room curtains. Thank God for my parents. My dad is so handy, I don't know what I would do without him. He has a solution for every problem, which we encountered putting up the curtains, there seemed to be some metal casing inside the wall surrounding the window frame. Anyway, my super dad figured it all out and the curtains made it up. After much hemming and hawing I finally picked these particular curtains, which were not my first choice. But when I went to Country Curtains, I was so overwhelmed I just had no idea what would look good. The actually curtains are advertised as "cocoa" but they clearly are not because my couches are brown and these curtains and nothing like that brown, more like a deep green, hard to explain. And the sheers underneath have a lovely flower, leaf applique that I just love and peaks right over the couch.
Now on to my bedroom curtains. I know I want some kind of deep purple curtain, which I don't think Country Curtains we'll have. They are a bit too traditional for that room. So I think I will try a local curtains store in the next town over. In the meantime, I am looking for accessories, pictures, paintings, etc.


No comments:
Post a Comment