Friday afternoon I went to visit a woman's house who founded and fosters dogs from other the NY Abandoned Angles organization. I had seen a few dogs on the website that I was interested in and asked to see. One of the dogs I wanted to see was not available but another cute cuddly dog was there for me to meet. He's a miniature poodle named Beach Baby. He was just full of hugs and kisses, just adorable. Also there was a beautiful Cocker Spaniel named Rusty. He had just a gorgeous coat, but unfortunately he needed medication that I was not comfortable with, so Beach Baby it was. And I am so glad I made that decision, he is just a PERFECT match for me.
So he was transported to my place this afternoon and we've been having a blast ever since. Actually we've done nothing, lol. Just getting settled I guess. Taking walks, playing with toys, taking naps, and watching TV on the couch. I have no idea what I'm doing! I don't know if should be entertaining him or doing something with him. (And a really selfish part of me is kinda bummed being stuck in the house, I really hate saying that). Trying to get a routine going, but that may not become definite because it is the weekend which will be different from weekday routines.
OK, here comes the weird part. I am overcome with this very strange emotion. The only way I can describe it is... the way I felt when my Ex left me. And I have no idea why I am feeling like this. I should be happy and excited, but I feel this horrible sadness and strange emotion I never thought I would feel again. Why am I feeling like this??? Maybe it's because I was home all last weekend and will probably be home all this weekend too, not going out. So maybe I'm feeling lonely, but I shouldn't because I have my new companion. I know it won't be like this forever and eventually I will be able to leave my dog home if I want to go out to the bar, but I guess I'm panicking right now that I'll never be able to leave the house again. And I could easily invite friends over.
I am very happy and know I've made the right decision. But this crappy emotion really sucks!!! Any help or advice?
I'm sure I will be posting more about questions or advice I will need. When I had my first dog I was a young teen so I really didn't know what was going on. Now it's all me! Eek! LOL :)
No comments:
Post a Comment