I do need to go to FedEx and the eye dr to pick up contacts some time this week. Neither is far away so I figure they would be a good start to leaving him alone. I left him with my dad this afternoon while my mom and I went food shopping. That was tough. I don't think he's doing to die or get hurt, I'm not sure what I'm so anxious about, maybe him thinking I'm not coming back. He did just fine without and was excited to see my come back. Another idea I had was to go to my bedroom, close the door and listen for what he does, like whining or nothing. He has two tags on his collar so you can hear he coming and going.
I'm still feel a little weird about the whole thing. And I know it's a normal emotion that everyone goes through, but because the last time I felt this way was when Joe left, I feel like crap. Like I haven't eaten anything since breakfast. I am hungry, but just can't eat. Maybe I'm nervous about doing something wrong, I'm not really sure. And I also feel kinda lonely, like I should be sharing this experience with that "special someone". I have waited so long for this and now that it's hear, I don't know.... like am I ever going to go out again. Which I'm sure I will stop feeling once I start leaving him alone and go to work.
He did sleep well during the night and made it almost 12 hrs without having to be taken out. I was pleasantly surprised by that! But if he does have an accident while I am at work, I have one rug and all hardwood floors, so easy clean up. I will close the bedroom doors and just leave him to the living room, kitchen, and bathroom. He's responding well to his name. I'm not sure how to handle him when I try to leave, he's pretty clued to my heels when I get up to go anywhere. I think I may be able to do a sit and stay with him, but we'll see. But I hope to get him to obedience classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment